What we are doing
Creating a sustainable environment at Imperial
The societal, economic and technological consequences of the UK government’s target of net zero carbon emissions by 2050 cannot be overstated. Universities like Imperial must step up to provide the solutions, collaborations and skills necessary to help us get there, while also working to make society fair and equitable.
Read our new Academic Strategy on how we are helping societies to become more sustainable.
You can also find out more about the work of the:
Working with business
Imperial is collaborating with startup Arborea in the iHub at White City to develop pioneering ‘BioSolar Leaf’ technology to improve air quality through the photosynthesis of microscopic plants, removing greenhouse gases from the environment whilst generating breathable oxygen.
World’s first biodegradable and recyclable plastic developed at White City. Find out more about Polymateria.
Educating about sustainability
Study sustainability at Imperial:
- MSc Sustainable Energy Futures
- MSc Climate Change Management and Finance
- MSc in Environmental Technology
- MRes in Green Chemistry: Energy and the Environment
- MSc Environmental Engineering
- MSc in Ecological Applications
- MSc and MRes in Ecology, Evolution & Conservation
- MSc Environmental Data Science and Machine Learning
- MRes in Ecosystem and Environmental Change
Open online programmes
- Introduction to Corporate Sustainability, Social Innovation and Ethics
- Climate Change: Financial Risks and Opportunities
- Clean Power Professional Certificate (three courses)
- Climate Change and Risk Management course
- Corporate Procurement of Renewables in Indonesia
- Corporate Procurement of Renewables in India
The Change Maker field of Imperial Horizons offers a range of module options that challenge students to learn and work in diverse and often new ways in their approach to global issues and the wider world.